Whether you’re building a new home, remodeling a bathroom, or just updating the powder room, consider going with natural stone countertops. Natural stone’s beauty, strength, uniqueness, and versatility make it a superb choice for your bathroom.
Marble, granite, and quartzite are a few options that work well for bathroom countertops. They are elegant, durable, and come in many colors to suit your room and taste.
Types of Natural Stone
There are different types of natural stone that you can use for bathroom countertops, ranging in various styles, patterns, colors, and price points. Whichever stone you choose will be beautiful and is sure to make an impression.
Keep in mind that because the stones are natural, the slabs of one color and type can differ from the next slab. If you are looking for an exact shade of the stone for your counter, or want more or less veining, choose the actual slab of stone from the stone yard.
Just be sure to get the stone countertops properly sealed to prevent water damage and staining. It’s also crucial to use a reputable installer to make sure there are no gaps that will cause leaks or cracks in the stone.
- Marble, particularly highly polished marble, is a beautiful stone that resonates with luxury. Its unique veins and range of color options enhance the room and will give your bathroom a feeling of richness and splendor.
- Granite is a versatile stone that is a popular choice for bathroom countertops. It is strong, will last a long time, and you can find granite in all color ranges and patterns to match your bathroom while giving it an upgraded and elegant look.
- Quartzite is durable and heat-resistant, making it a popular choice for kitchen countertops but a wise choice for the bathroom too. It’s beautiful, hardy, and easy to maintain. You can usually find quartzite in shades of white and gray. Note that while quartzite is a natural stone, quartz is artificial.
- Soapstone is a natural gray stone that has a bit of a rustic feel. Soapstone is naturally stain-resistant and easy to maintain. It resists heat, and although it is a softer material than marble or granite, soapstone is very dense and won’t absorb water or stains.
The Advantages of Natural Stone Countertops
Natural stone countertops for your bathroom, whether from granite, marble, quartzite, or other natural stones, have many advantages.
- Aesthetics – Natural stone has an innate beauty that manmade materials, no matter how hard they try to mimic the veining or patterns of marble and granite, cannot match. They radiate the feeling of luxury and pampering, ideal for a bathroom. Because natural stone is not manufactured, each slab is unique in its design, with distinct veins and patterns running through the stone.
- Color Options – Natural stone comes in a vast range of colors, from the darkest of black to the brightest of whites, with reds, blues, and the palest of pinks. You can easily find a material that matches your bathroom’s tiles and style.
- Maintenance – Contrary to their reputation, natural stone is generally easy to clean and maintain if installed and sealed correctly. If the stone was sealed properly, it should resist water, stains, and residue buildup. If you’re very particular about staining, you may want to choose denser stones like soapstone rather than marble.
- Durable – Natural stone has a long life and is robust enough to withstand daily use. It’s a worthwhile investment and a purchase you’ll only have to make once. Your natural stone countertop will outlive any other bathroom fixture and furnishing!
- Temperature – Natural stone is heat-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about melting your countertop with your curling iron or blow dryer. It is also energy efficient, keeping in the bathroom’s heat in the cold weather.
- Raise Your Home’s Value – Natural stone is seen as a sign of luxury and raises a home’s value. Even if you’re not planning on selling your home soon, natural stone never goes out of style.
Natural stone is beautiful, durable, and a prime choice for bathroom countertops. Sanford Granite has a large selection of natural stone countertops in every style and color so that you can find the ideal stone for your bathroom countertop. Give us a call or fill out our form for a free estimate today!